Applied Process Technology Program Coordinator
This Skill Set provides knowledge in the areas of process and energy technology, fundamentals related to all process industries, as well as common plant components such as pumps, valves, heat exchangers, separators, cooling towers, fans, etc. The Skill set also provides an understanding of common process technology systems such as electrical power generation, electrical and natural gas distribution and processing and typical manufacturing processes.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this Advanced Skill Set, completers will be able to do the following:
- Identify and explain typical boiler and process plant operating principles.
- Fluid Properties and Laws of Pressure and Flow
- Gas Properties and Laws of Pressure and Flow
- Heat Transfer Laws and Principles
- Explain the elementary operational principles of the following components electrical motors, pumps, valves, strainers and filters, steam traps, steam turbines, heat exchangers, compressors, separators, distillation columns and reactors, environmental controls components, coal and ash handling and processing equipment , fans , cooling towers, basic pressure, flow, level and temperature control systems.
- Explain boiler and process system optimization principles including efficiency measurement and combustion
- Draw and explain elementary process systems such as power generation, electrical and natural gas distribution and processing, and industrial manufacturing.
Skills that enable students to function in process, energy and manufacturing industries are skills that are in-demand.