Dec 01, 2021
Applied Process Technology Program Coordinator
This Skill Set enables students to work on advanced industrial instrumentation and process control and final control devices.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this Skill Set, completers will be able to do the following:
- Explain the operational theory of fluid and gas analyzers
- pH analyzers
- Moisture Analyzers
- Oxygen Analyzers
- Opacity monitors
- Density analyzers
- Environmental monitors
- Conductivity cells and transmitters
- Explain the operational theory of advanced flow transmitters
- Fabricate and install instrument tubing and associated components
- Set up digital chart recorder to plot process points
- Set up control loops to monitor fluid and gas composition using typical analyzers
- Set up control loops using advanced flow transmitters to control flow
- Set up loops to control flow and level using ultrasonic transducers and transmitters
- Calibrate control valves and damper drivers
- Given a malfunctioning multiple point control loop, troubleshoot the loop and restore the system to normal operating parameters.
Skills that enable students to function in a power generation station, midstream processing plant, or in a manufacturing facility as an operator, maintenance technician, or instrumentation and controls technician are skills that are in-demand.
Notice to Students
This program alone does not qualify for financial aid. Students seeking financial aid eligible degrees may incorporate the classes as electives when their schedule allows or may declare an Associate or Certificate of Applied Science degree major of study in which the courses are embedded.