Allison McCue, ACF - CC, CPC
Program Coordinator, Pastry & Baking Arts
Natalie Feltz, ACF - CC, CPC, BS, MBA
Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator of Food Service Management
Food Service Management Accrediting Agencies
American Culinary Federation Education Foundation's Accrediting Commission
180 Center Place Way
St. Augustine, FL 32095
The C.A.S. Food Service Management - Pastry & Baking Arts specialization prepares graduates for entry-level positions in the pastry and baking industry. Additionally, it provides a separate degree option for students completing another business or food service management degree specialization, expanding their employability with focused skills in preparation and presentation of food.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the C.A.S. degree in Food Service Management - Pastry & Baking Arts, graduates will be able to:
- Identify knowledge and skills to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Practice professionalism and ehtics in simulation and real-world experiences.
- Practice basic principles of food sanitation and safety in the food service operation.
- Identify cultural competence practices necessary for guest satisfaction.
- Identify best practices to promote sustainability in the industry.
- Practice food production skills essential for success in the professional kitchen.
Opportunities in Pastry & Baking Arts
The Certificate of Applied Science in Food Service Management - Pastry & Baking Arts specialization duplicates the 1st semester of the A.A.S. degree option in the same field but provides a more compressed skill set option in the 2nd semester. Students successfully completing the C.A.S. and one year of industry experience are eligible to become Certified Culinarians (CC) through the American Culinary Federation, www.acfchefs.org. Opportunities exist for entry-level positions in retail and commercial bakeries, restaurants, hotels, and grocery stores. Credits earned in the certificate program may be applied to the A.A.S. in Food Service Management - Pastry & Baking Arts specialization.