Jul 21, 2024  
2019-2020 Academic Catalog 
2019-2020 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Articulation Agreements

Pierpont’s mission includes preparing students for transfer to other institutions of higher education.  The Office of Academic Affairs coordinates partnerships with other institutions of higher education and partners with the public school system to transition high school and career & technical education (CTE) students to Pierpont.  

Higher Education

Core Coursework Transfer

While earning an Associate’s degree at Pierpont, there are many resources available for a successful transfer to a four-year institution.  Pierpont participates in the West Virginia Core Coursework Transfer Articulation agreement that maps out courses from Pierpont that transfer to four-year institutions in West Virginia.

Articulations with Other Four-year Institutions

Institutions of higher education with which the College has established general and or program- or discipline-specific articulation agreements include:

  • Alderson Broaddus University (WV)
  • Glenville State College (WV)
  • St. Francis University (PA)
  • Saint Joseph’s College (ME)
  • StraighterLine (online)
  • WVU-Parkersburg (WV)
  • West Liberty University (WV)
  • West Virginia University (WV)
  • University of Cincinnati (OH)
  • SUNY Polytechnic Institute (NY)
  • Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
  • University of Illinois at Chicago (IL) 

Note: Prospective and current students are encouraged to collaborate with the academic dean or the Office of Academic Affairs to develop a transfer pathway from Pierpont to another institution.

Other Articulation Agreements

Secondary and Post-secondary Education

  • County Boards of Education (WV); dual enrollment
  • Career Technical Education (CTE) Centers (WV); dual enrollment
  • YouthBuild
  • Mountaineer Challenge Academy


The Office of Academic Affairs actively seeks out articulation agreements with other institutions of higher education to facilitate students’ transition to baccalaureate and or graduate coursework.