Mildred Thompson, Graphics Technology Program Coordinator
Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
701 Exposition Place, Suite 206
Raleigh, NC 27615
The A.A.S. Graphics Technology Degree provides training in visual communications, where students will learn to plan, analyze, and create visual solutions to communications problems. This program focuses on the technical aspects of graphic design, preparing students for entry-level positions in areas of print, multimedia, and web design.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the A.A.S. degree in Graphics Technology, graduates will be able to do the following:
- The students will demonstrate the transformation of information into creative, conceptually appropriate design solutions using industry -standard production software and hardware.
- The students will demonstrate graphic design theory to include the principles of design, elements of composition, and typography in the creation of aesthetically pleasing artifacts.
- The students will prepare a graphic design portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates their effectiveness as visual communicators.
- The students will use graphics concepts to effectively evaluate and execute the decisions of others in verbal and written form.
- The students will communicate effectively with clients and supervisors during the design process and perform as an effective team member.
Graduates with the Associate of Applied Science degree in Graphics Technology are qualified for entry-level positions to work as Layout Artists, Graphic Design Assistants, Web Design Technicians and Free-lance Graphic Artists. Many students continue their education towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Technology, Graphic Design or related fields.