Nov 30, 2023
Applied Process Technology Program Coordinator
This skill set enables students to build and troubleshoot electronic devices including:
- Semiconductor materials
- PN junctions
- Operational amplifiers will be examined
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this Advanced Skill Set, completers will be able to do the following:
- Describe and illustrate the fundamental principles of semiconductor materials
- Describe and illustrate the physical construction, electrical behavior, and applications of the common diode as well as some special diodes
- Describe the construction, operation, and applications of various transistors
- Describe the construction, operation, and applications of an operational amplifier
- Describe the various fundamental logic function gates
- Describe the operation of more complex digital integrated circuits, including various flip-flops and analog-to-digital converters
- Explain how to make an oscillator using a 555 timer integrated circuit
- Build and troubleshoot electronic circuitry
Skills that enable students to function in a power generation station, midstream processing plant, or in a manufacturing facility as an operator, maintenance technician, or instrumentation and controls technician are skills that are in-demand.
Required Courses (13 Hrs)
Notice to All Students
- Annual Notification: All career and technical education courses and programs are offered at Pierpont regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, or disability.
- Advanced Skill Set and Skill Set programs do not qualify for financial aid. Students seeking financial aid eligible degrees may incorporate the classes as electives when their schedule allows or may declare an associate or certificate degree in which the skill set and advanced skill set courses are embedded.
- Students are reminded to review campus policies and procedures as stated in the catalog.