Feb 29, 2024
John “Chris” Toothman, CAD Program Coordinator
The Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) Advanced Skill Set provides an opportunity for students to gain introductory/ intermediate level skills and knowledge in the area of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) through the Drafting/Design program. A CAD Advanced Skill Set consists of five courses from the current AAS Drafting/Design Engineering Technology program and may serve as a stand-alone program. This CAD Advanced Skill Set Certificate could be used for entry-level employment or to further develop skills and knowledge related to a student’s current major.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Advance Skill Set Certificate CAD Program, completers will be able to do the following:
- Use tools and technologies of the CAD draftsperson effectively
- Use a computer workstation to produce engineering drawings and manage engineering-related data
- Apply various drafting standards such as ANSI (American National Standards Institute) to various engineering drawings.
- Complete and edit drawings in the various disciplines
Some students find that the CAD certificate alone meets their educational and/or career needs. Other students choose to use the CAD certificate to explore potential choices for another major in a related field such as Graphics, Applied Design, or Interior Design. All CAD courses may be applied to the AAS degree in Drafting/Design Engineering Technology at Pierpont Community and Technical College.
Required Courses (15 Hrs)
Notice to All Students
- Annual Notification: All career and technical education courses and programs are offered at Pierpont regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, or disability.
- Advanced Skill Set and Skill Set programs do not qualify for financial aid. Students seeking financial aid eligible degrees may incorporate the classes as electives when their schedule allows or may declare an associate or certificate degree in which the skill set and advanced skill set courses are embedded.
- Students are reminded to review campus policies and procedures as stated in the catalog.